Declared Monuments in Hong Kong - Outlying Islands
Tung Chung Fort, referred to in the Qing Dynasty as the Tung Chung Suocheng (Tung Chung Battalion), was the naval headquarters of the Right Battalion of Dapeng. The carved granite slab above the entrance gives the date of the Fort as 1832. In 1898 when the New Territories was leased to Britain, the Fort was evacuated by the Qing authorities, then occupied, first as a police station, and then by Wa Ying College, the Rural Committee Office and the Public Primary School of Tung Chung.
Tung Chung Fort, Lantau Island