Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Antiquities and Monuments Office Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHKText Only繁體版簡體版
A A A
search site map contact us


Declared Monuments in Hong Kong


Declared Monuments Hong Kong Island Kowloon New Territories Outlying Islands
 

 

Declared Monuments in Hong Kong - Hong Kong Island

The Exterior of the Old Supreme Court Building
Built on reclaimed land on a foundation comprising hundreds of piles made from Chinese fir trees, the Old Supreme Court Building was opened on 15 January 1912 by the then Governor, Sir Frederick Lugard. Supported by tall Ionic columns, the three-storey granite building is Neo-classical in style; its most outstanding feature is the pediment in the centre section, which is surmounted by a blindfolded statue of Justice personified in the form of the Greek goddess Themis. It housed the Legislative Council Chambers from 1985 to 2011 and, following renovation work, has accommodated the Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal since 2015.

 

  Exterior of the Old Supreme Court Building
address
8 Jackson Road Central (Plan)
Virtual Heritage Explorer

Figure : Transport

 
MTR
Central Station
 

 

The above information is for reference only, and is subject to change in accordance with the announcement of relevant organizations.