Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Antiquities and Monuments Office Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHKText Only繁體版簡體版
A A A
search site map contact us


Declared Monuments in Hong Kong


Declared Monuments Hong Kong Island Kowloon New Territories Outlying Islands
 

 

Declared Monuments in Hong Kong - Hong Kong Island

The Exterior of Hung Hing Ying Building, the University of Hong Kong (Pok Fu Lam Road)
Built with financial assistance from Sir Paul Chater and Professor G. P. Jordan among others, this building was originally designed to house the student union and was officially opened by the then Governor, Sir Reginald Stubbs, in February 1919. It was temporarily used by the Registry after the Second World War, was later converted into the Senior Common Room in 1974 and housed the Department of Music from 1989 to 2012. The building was named in honour of Mr Hung Hing-ying in 1986 in recognition of his family’s donations to the university.

The two-storey Classic Revival red-brick building has an impressive rotunda at the centre and two rectangular blocks projecting on each side as wings, each of which has a tall chimney stack on the south elevation and colonnaded verandahs on the north elevation.

 

  The Exterior of Hung Hing Ying Building, The University of Hong Kong
address Pok Fu Lam Road (Plan)
Virtual Heritage Explorer

Figure : Transport

 
MTR
HKU Station
 

 

The above information is for reference only, and is subject to change in accordance with the announcement of relevant organizations.