The Ping Shan Tang Clan Gallery cum Heritage Trail Visitors Centre is situated on the hilltop in Hang Tau Tsuen overlooking the villages in Ping Shan. It is the only colonial building along the Trail. Converted from the Old Ping Shan Police Station being constructed in 1899, it is one of the few remaining pre-war police stations in the New Territories. The station compound was used by various units of the Police Force in various capacities such as a sub-divisional station, training centre, Police Dog Unit and Traffic New Territories North. The premises were formally handed over to the Leisure and Cultural Services Department in late 2002 and were later converted into the Ping Shan Tang Clan Gallery cum Heritage Trail Visitors Centre. The centre was opened to the public in 2007.
The centre consists of three buildings. The main building is a two-storey structure with an embracing arched verandah with observation posts at the roof level. On the north side, a two-storey structure with prominent chimney stacks connected to the main buildings forms the Annex Block. There is also a small detached single-storey building.
10 am to 6 pm (Mar to Sep) / 10 am to 5 pm (Oct to Feb) daily
Closed on Mondays (except Public Holidays) and the first two days of the Chinese New Year