Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Antiquities and Monuments Office Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHKText Only繁體版簡體版
A A A
search site map contact us



Heritage Trails


 
AB [To Other Central and Western Heritage Trail ─
The Central Route The Western District and the Peak Route ]
 


Enlarge Map



Original Site of Central School
44 Gough Street

The school was founded in 1862 to provide modern western education to the youth. In 1884, Dr Sun Yat-sen was enrolled there, and transferred to another school in 1886. In 1889, the school was relocated to a new building at the junction between Aberdeen Street and Hollywood Road, and was renamed as Queen’s College in 1894. The original building, which had undergone renovation, had been used by various schools. This historic site is now marked by the Dr Sun Yat-sen Historical Trail.

Original Site of Central School
Back to Map


Level Double-A conformance, W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Web Accessibility Recognition Scheme