Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Antiquities and Monuments Office Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHKText Only繁體版簡體版
A A A
search site map contact us



Heritage Trails


 
AB [To Other Central and Western Heritage Trail ─
The Central Route The Western District and the Peak Route ]
 


Enlarge Map



Original Site of Queen's College
Junction of Aberdeen Street and Hollywood Road

The predecessor of Central School, it was renamed as Queen’s College in 1894 and was commonly known as the “Big College”. Dr Sun Yat-sen attended the college’s foundation stone laying ceremony in 1884. The college was destroyed during the Japanese attack in 1941. After the war, the college was relocated to its current site at Causeway Road, Causeway Bay in 1950, and the former site was once rebuilt into quarters for married police officers. This historic site is now marked by the Dr Sun Yat-sen Historical Trail. (Memorial plaque is on Hollywood Road)

Original Site of Queen's College
Back to Map


Level Double-A conformance, W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Web Accessibility Recognition Scheme