Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Antiquities and Monuments Office Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHKText Only繁體版簡體版
search site map contact us

Heritage Trails


Central and Western Heritage Trail

Western District and the Peak Route
[To Other Central and Western Heritage Trail ─
The Central Route
The Sheung Wan Route]

Enlarge Map

Old Tsan Yuk Maternity Hospital
(Western District Community Centre)

36A Western Street

Opened in 1922 as the Tsan Yuk Maternity Hospital operated by the Chinese Public Dispensary Committee, the building was taken over by the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of The University of Hong Kong in 1926 as its teaching hospital. By 1929, it was again functioning as an obstetrics unit and was then handed to the government in 1934. After World War II, the building was renamed Tsan Yuk Social Service Centre, with the hospital operations relocated to Hospital Road in 1955. The hospital block, staff quarters and servant quarters that originally comprised the building have now been converted into the Western District Community Centre, the name by which it has been known since 1973.

Opening Hours: 8:30am - 10pm daily

Tel: 2852 3497

Old Tsan Yuk Maternity Hospital
Back to Map

Level Double-A conformance, W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Web Accessibility Recognition Scheme