Leisure and Cultural Services Department - Antiquities and Monuments Office Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHKText Only繁體版簡體版
A A A
search site map contact us



Heritage Trails


 

Central and Western Heritage Trail


Western District and the Peak Route
AB
[To Other Central and Western Heritage Trail ─
The Central Route
The Sheung Wan Route]
 

Enlarge Map


Old Halls of The University of Hong Kong
Pok Fu Lam Road

Collectively known as the Old Halls, Lugard Hall, Eliot Hall and May Hall were built in 1913, 1914 and 1915 respectively as hostels for students of The University of Hong Kong. The name came into use in 1969 when the three halls were restored following a landslide and storm that hit in 1966. The terraced red brick Edwardian buildings were designed by the firm of architects Denison, Ram and Gibbs. Among the oldest buildings on the campus, they are fine examples of the architectural style that was prevalent for colleges in that era. Lugard Hall was demolished and redeveloped in 1992, while Eliot Hall and May Hall have now been converted into university offices and academic research centres.

* This building is not open to the public

Old Halls of the University of Hong Kong
Old Halls of the University of Hong Kong
Back to Map


Level Double-A conformance, W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Web Accessibility Recognition Scheme