Antiquities and Monuments Office | Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHK | Graphical Mode | Traditional Chinese | Simplified Chinese | Search | Site Map | Contact Us [ Size 1 | Size 2 | Size 3 ]
Main | About Us | What's New | Archaeology | Built Heritage | Declared Monuments | Heritage Impact Assessment | Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre | Ping Shan Tang Clan Gallery cum Heritage Trail Visitors Centre | Heritage Trails | Docent Services| Wun Yiu Exhibition | Online Exhibition | Friends of Heritage | Young Friends of Heritage | FAQ | Links | Research Resources and Reports | Download Area
Declared Monuments > Declared Monuments | Hong Kong Island | Kowloon | New Territories | Outlying Islands
Old Tai Po Market Railway Station (Tai Po Market)
The Old Tai Po Market Railway Station was completed in 1913. The external features of the facade, roof and decorations were patterned on Chinese architecture. Internally, it was designed to function as a railway station. While the other stations along the Kowloon-Canton Railway were constructed in Western architectural style, this station was built in the distinctive Chinese style. The station was made redundant when a new one was built nearby in 1983. The Old Tai Po Market Railway Station was then fully restored and now houses the Hong Kong Railway Museum.
Old Tai Po Market Railway Station
13 Shung Tak Street Tai Po Market Tai Po Market (Plan)
Please browse the following website for the opening hours of Hong Kong Railway Museum:
Tai Wo Station
Rock Carvings at Wong Chuk Hang will be closed for improvement and maintenance work from 17 to 31 October 2016.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. For enquiries, please call the Archaeological Unit of the Antiquities and Monuments Office on 2721 1039 or the General Enquiry of the office on 2208 4400.
End of page