Antiquities and Monuments Office | Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHK | Graphical Mode | Traditional Chinese | Simplified Chinese | Search | Site Map | Contact Us [ Size 1 | Size 2 | Size 3 ]
Main | About Us | Contact Us | What's New | Archaeology | Historic Buildings | Declared Monuments | Heritage Impact Assessment | Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre | Ping Shan Tang Clan Gallery cum Heritage Trail Visitors Centre | Heritage Trails | Docent Services | Archaeological Display at Sung Wong Toi Station | Wun Yiu Exhibition | Exhibition Panels | Friends of Heritage | Young Friends of Heritage | FAQ | Links | Research Resources and Reports | Download Area
Declared Monuments > Declared Monuments | Hong Kong Island | Kowloon | New Territories | Outlying Islands
Former Kowloon British School (136 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui)
This is the oldest surviving school building constructed for the children of foreign residents in Hong Kong. Ho Tung (later Sir Robert Ho Tung) donated $15,000 to the government in 1900 to found a school in Kowloon. Officially opened on 19 April 1902, the building is a typical Victorian structure, but was modified to suit the local climate with the addition of wide verandas, high ceilings and pitched roofs. It houses the Antiquities and Monuments Office after its restoration.
Former Kowloon British School was declared a monument in 1991.
Former Kowloon British School, Tsim Sha Tsui
136 Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui (Plan)
Please search the routes of different transportation modes for pre-trip planning.
End of page