Third Cultural Heritage Summer Course for Secondary School Students of Hong Kong and Macau SARs
The Antiquities and Monuments Office (“AMO”) now invites students of Hong Kong from Forms 2 to 6 (or equivalent) to join the Third Cultural Heritage Summer Course for Secondary School Students of Hong Kong and Macau SARs which will be held from 23 to 29 July 2019 in Yunnan province. The summer course is jointly presented by State Administration of Cultural Heritage, Development Bureau of the Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and Cultural Affairs Bureau of the Macao Special Administrative Region Government, jointly organised by China Cultural Heritage Information and Consulting Center, Yunnan Provincial Department of Culture and Tourism, Yunnan Provincial Administration of Culture Heritage and AMO, and co-organised by Kunming Municipal Administration of Culture and Tourism and Dali Bai Autonomous Prefecture Administration of Culture and Tourism.
The 7-day cultural heritage summer course this year comprises guided tours to archaeological, built heritage sites and museums, hands-on archaeological excavation and folk crafts, lectures on cultural heritage etc. Participants will be presented a Certificate of Completion after successful completion of the course. Details of the summer course are as follows:
||23 July (Tuesday) to 29 July 2019 (Monday), both days inclusive
||Kunming and Dali of Yunnan province
||Tentative itinerary at Annex I
||Forms 2 to 6 secondary school students or equivalent (Applicants must be permanent residents of Hong Kong SAR)
||Putonghua (no simultaneous interpretation will be provided)
||No course fee required. Local transportation, meals, accommodation and travel insurance during the course will be provided by State Administration of Cultural Heritage. Participants are required to arrange and pay the transportation from Hong Kong to Kunming, Yunnan province and from Dali, Yunnan province to Hong Kong, and travel insurance.
||Please complete the application form (Annex II) and send it by mail or by hand to Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre of the Antiquities and Monuments Office, Kowloon Park, Haiphong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong (Attn: Ms Gi Gi Cheng) on or before 6:00 p.m., 12 June 2019 (Wednesday). Please specify “Cultural Heritage Summer Course 2019” on the envelope. Postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the application date. Late applications will not be considered. The opening hours of Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre are as follows:
Monday to Friday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday, Sunday and public holidays: 10:00 am – 7:00 pm
||Antiquities and Monuments Office
Ms Annie Leung, Assistant Curator I (Tel. 2655 0827)
Ms Noelle Ng, Assistant Curator II (Tel. 2655 0806)
Notes for Applicants:
- Representatives of AMO will accompany the Hong Kong participants during the summer course.
- Participants should have a valid travel document to enter and exit the Mainland.
- State Administration of Cultural Heritage will provide local transportation, meals, accommodation and travel insurance during the course. Participants are required to arrange and pay the transportation from Hong Kong to Kunming, Yunnan province and from Dali, Yunnan province to Hong Kong and travel insurance.
- The course will be held outdoor and in museums. Applicants should assess their health conditions to ascertain whether they could finish the course before registration.
- Tools and equipment for archaeological activities will be provided by the organiser.
- Due to limited quota, lots will be drawn to allot places to applicants if the course is over-subscribed. Successful applicants will be notified in writing by AMO.
- The organiser, will arrange transportation to pick up participants from Kunming Changshui International Airport in Yunnan to hotel on 23 July 2019 (Tuesday) and from hotel to Dali Airport on 29 July 2019 (Monday). Successful applicants are kindly reminded to arrange their air-tickets as soon as possible and send a copy of their respective air-tickets, Hong Kong Identity cards and Home Visit cards by email (email@example.com), mail or by hand to Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre of the Antiquities and Monuments Office, Kowloon Park, Haiphong Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong (Attn: Ms Gi Gi Cheng) on or before 2 July 2019 (Tuesday).
- If successful applicants cannot join the course, please inform Ms Gi Gi Cheng of AMO (Tel. 2208 4402) during office hours as soon as possible.
- AMO will inform successful applicants the details of the course, including the assembly time and place, accommodation, local transportation, meals and so on, in writing.
- The organiser reserves the rights to change or reschedule the course as and when required in response to the actual situation like the weather, traffic etc.
Annex I: Tentative Itinerary of the Third Cultural Heritage Summer Course for Secondary School Students of Hong Kong and Macau SARs
Annex II: Application Form
Antiquities and Monuments Office
14 May 2019