Sam Tung Uk Village, Tsuen Wan

Sam Tung Uk Village (Kwu Uk Lane, Tsuen Wan)
Left lane
Main entrance

Sam Tung Uk Village is a Hakka walled village that was built by the Chan clan in 1786. After moving from Guangdong in the mid-18th century, the clan settled in Tsuen Wan, where they reclaimed land along the coast to cultivate. Sam Tung Uk was founded by Chan Yam-shing, a leader of the clan, who constructed three rows of village houses, which were later expanded by his descendants, who built annexes on both sides and at the back of the houses. The ancestral altar was placed in the main hall, which lay on the central axis and faced the main entrance. Four Chinese characters signifying ‘Chan Family Ancestral Hall’ are engraved on the granite lintel above the door frame. The village was restored in 1987 and opened to the public as the Sam Tung Uk Museum.

Sam Tung Uk Village was declared a monument in 1981.

Kwu Uk Lane, Tsuen Wan (Plan)
Please browse this website for the opening hours of Sam Tung Uk Museum.
Please search the routes of different transportation modes for pre-trip planning.
The above information is for reference only, and is subject to change in accordance with the announcement of relevant organizations.