Antiquities and Monuments Office Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHKText Only繁體版簡體版
search site map contact us

Heritage Trails


Central and Western Heritage Trail

Western District and the Peak Route
[To Other Central and Western Heritage Trail ─
The Central Route
The Sheung Wan Route]

Enlarge Map

Original Site of Diocesan Boys' School
Eastern Street

Founded as an English school in 1869 by the Anglican Church of Hong Kong, Diocesan Boys’ School developed into a boarding school for students of different nationalities, one of whom was Dr Sun Yat-sen, who studied there after arriving in Hong Kong from Cuiheng village in November 1883 before transferring to Central School the following year. Diocesan Boys’ School moved to Kowloon in 1926. Northcote Teachers’ Training College was built in 1941 on the site, which was then used as the main campus of the United College of The Chinese University of Hong Kong between 1962 and 1971. Bonham Road Government Primary School now stands here. This historic site is now marked by the Dr Sun Yat-sen Historical Trail. (A memorial plaque can be found on Eastern Street)

* This building is not open to the public

Original Site of Diocesan Boys’ School
Back to Map

Level Double-A conformance, W3C WAI Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Web Accessibility Recognition Scheme