Antiquities and Monuments Office | Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHK | Graphical Mode | Traditional Chinese | Simplified Chinese | Search | Site Map | Contact Us [ Size 1 | Size 2 | Size 3 ]
Main | About Us | Contact Us | What's New | Archaeology | Historic Buildings | Declared Monuments | Heritage Impact Assessment | Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre | Ping Shan Tang Clan Gallery cum Heritage Trail Visitors Centre | Heritage Trails | Docent Services | Archaeological Display at Sung Wong Toi Station | Wun Yiu Exhibition | Exhibition Panels | Friends of Heritage | Young Friends of Heritage | FAQ | Links | Research Resources and Reports | Download Area
Declared Monuments > Declared Monuments | Hong Kong Island | Kowloon | New Territories | Outlying Islands
Declared Monuments List in New Territories
When Island House was completed in 1906, it stood on a small islet called Yuen Chau Tsai, near the head of Tolo Harbour, which was connected to the mainland by a causeway. The two-storey building with open verandahs is a classic example of colonial architecture in the early 20th century. It was erected as quarters for government officers and was long associated with the former New Territories Administration. The building is now used by the World Wide Fund for Nature Hong Kong as a Conservation Studies Centre.
Island House was declared a monument in 1983.
Yuen Chau Tsai, Tai Po (Plan)
Please browse the following website for the opening hours of Island House Conservation Studies Centre:
Please search the routes of different transportation modes for pre-trip planning.
End of page