Antiquities and Monuments Office | Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHK | Graphical Mode | Traditional Chinese | Simplified Chinese | Search | Site Map | Contact Us [ Size 1 | Size 2 | Size 3 ]
Main | About Us | Contact Us | What's New | Archaeology | Historic Buildings | Declared Monuments | Heritage Impact Assessment | Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre | Ping Shan Tang Clan Gallery cum Heritage Trail Visitors Centre | Heritage Trails | Docent Services | Archaeological Display at Sung Wong Toi Station | Wun Yiu Exhibition | Exhibition Panels | Friends of Heritage | Young Friends of Heritage | FAQ | Links | Research Resources and Reports | Download Area
Declared Monuments > Declared Monuments | Hong Kong Island | Kowloon | New Territories | Outlying Islands
Hong Kong Island
Old Wan Chai Post Office (221 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai)
The old Wan Chai Post Office is the oldest surviving post office building in Hong Kong. This L-shaped building, situated at the junction of Wan Chai Gap Road and Queen’s Road East, was erected in 1912-1913, and was opened on 1 March 1915 as the Wan Chai Post Office. It is a simple pitched-roof structure with attractive gable ends and mouldings. The building is now operated by the Environmental Protection Department as the Wan Chai Environmental Resource Centre.
Old Wan Chai Post Office was declared a monument in 1990.
Old Wan Chai Post Office
221 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai (Plan)
Please browse the following website for the opening hours of the Wan Chai Environmental Resource Centre:
Please search the routes of different transportation modes for pre-trip planning.
End of page