Antiquities and Monuments Office | Brand Hong Kong - Asia's world city
GovHK | Graphical Mode | Traditional Chinese | Simplified Chinese | Search | Site Map | Contact Us [ Size 1 | Size 2 | Size 3 ]
Main | About Us | Contact Us | What's New | Archaeology | Historic Buildings | Declared Monuments | Heritage Impact Assessment | Hong Kong Heritage Discovery Centre | Ping Shan Tang Clan Gallery cum Heritage Trail Visitors Centre | Heritage Trails | Docent Services| Wun Yiu Exhibition | Online Exhibition | Friends of Heritage | Young Friends of Heritage | FAQ | Links | Research Resources and Reports | Download Area
Declared Monuments > Declared Monuments | Hong Kong Island | Kowloon | New Territories | Outlying Islands
Hong Kong Island
Western Market (323 Des Voeux Road Central, Sheung Wan)
Western Market originally consisted of two separate blocks: the South Block on Queen’s Road Central was erected in 1858 and demolished in 1980; smaller than the South Block, the North Block was built in 1906 and is highlighted by the ‘bandaged’ brickwork of the four corner towers. After new market facilities built by the former Urban Council came into operation in 1989, the North Block was left vacant until it was later converted into a centre for traditional trades, arts and crafts. It is now managed by the Urban Renewal Authority.
Western Market was declared a monument in 1990.
10am – 12pm daily.
323 Des Voeux Road Central, Sheung Wan (Plan)
Please search the routes of different transportation modes for pre-trip planning.
End of page