Tung Chung Battery, Lantau Island

Tung Chung Battery (Tung Chung, Lantau Island)
The L-shape wall of Tung Chung Battery
Wall remnants of Tung Chung Battery
Wall remnants of Tung Chung Battery
The platform at the corner of Tung Chung Battery
The corner of Tung Chung Battery

According to the Guangdong Annals, two military forts were built in the 22nd year of Jiaqing reign (1817) at the foot of the 'Rocky Lion Hill' at Tung Chung, Lantau Island. In 1980, the remains of a battery were discovered on a hill slope facing the sea near Tung Chung Pier. After clearing the dense undergrowth, an L-shaped wall with a platform at the corner, probably for gun emplacements, was revealed. There is little doubt that this ruin is one of the two forts built in 1817 as mentioned in the Guangdong Annals. Although some restoration has been carried out, the battery remains to be studied in greater detail.

Tung Chung Battery was declared a monument in 1983.

Tung Chung, Lantau Island (Plan)
Please search the routes of different transportation modes for pre-trip planning.
The above information is for reference only, and is subject to change in accordance with the announcement of relevant organizations.