Map of Lung Yeuk Tau Heritage Trail
Lo Wai
Shek Lo

Tin Hau Temple

Tin Hau Temple

The Tin Hau Temple is situated between the Tang Chung Ling Ancestral Hall and Lo Wai. The date of construction is not known. It underwent full restoration in both 1913 and 1981.

The temple is a two-hall building, with the main hall devoted to the worship of Tin Hau and her guards, Chin Lei Ngan, who had eyes to see a thousand li (Chinese miles), and Shun Fung Yi, who had ears to hear a pin drop in heaven. The right chamber is dedicated to To Tei (the Earth God). There are two historic bells, one of which was cast in 1695 as a gift from the Tang Clan to thank Tin Hau for adopting their sons. The other bell was cast in 1700 as an offering to Tin Hau for blessing the young men of the clan when they travelled to the city to take the provincial examinations.

The Tin Hau Temple was declared a monument in 2002.

Opening Hours:
9am – 5pm daily