Map of Lung Yeuk Tau Heritage Trail
Lo Wai
Shek Lo

Tsung Kyam Church

Tsung Kyam Church

The Tsung Kyam Church, located at the Lung Shan spur, is a Western ecclesiastical building along the Lung Yeuk Tau Heritage Trail. In 1903, Mr Ling Qilian, a retired pastor from the Basel Mission Society (forerunner of the Tsung Tsin Mission), preached the Christian Gospel in Fanling. He later founded the Tsung Kyam Church. As most of the worshippers lived in the neighbourhood, a village gradually sprung up and named Shung Him Tong Village. Since the congregation grew, a new church was constructed in 1927 in front of the village. The Church extended to two storeys in 1951. When a new church was built on the left of the village entrance in 1983, the old church is still preserved.

Constructed in 1910, an old house named "Kin Tak Lau" still survives today in Shung Him Tong Village. The door of the main entrance was engraved with the characters “Kin Tak Mun”. It was once used as a church. A graveyard for the congregation, first consecrated in 1931, is situated at the back of the village.

This is private property and is not open to the public.